Monday, April 2, 2012

An update and a scary realization


Things have been quiet around here and it’s certainly not intentional.

Between Alvin and Elliot’s baby bother/sister making me constantly sick and crazy work hours I just haven’t had the time or energy to do more posts here.

Lately things have been crazy with Alvin though.

His ninja skills have been getting far better and unfortunately nothing good comes of that.

Saturday Alvin was sick and Saturday night we let our guard down a little because we figured he wouldn’t be up much at all.

Well I heard him up at some point but didn’t think much of it until around 5am I heard a bell. I walked out to the living room to see what was going on and I was shocked. He and his sister were awake and one of them (more than likely him) had dragged his tricycle upstairs from the garage and was ringing the bell and riding it in the living room. The kitchen wasn’t a wreck for once and then we noticed the sliding glass door was open and the dog wasn’t in her kennel. Luckily my husband got dressed quickly and was able to track her down before she got too far.

W made the inevitable 7am run to Lowes and got door alarms. For now there are chimes or alarms on every point of exit. It’s the best we can do until we can get more answers or help to make sure this doesn’t escalate or happen again.

Stuff like this with Alvin has started to scare us more and more. It’s hard to punish him because he acts like he has no idea what he did is wrong or how dangerous it could be.

So this week I am going to make the call I never wanted to make. I’m calling Seattle Children’s department of crisis services (http://www.seattlechildrens.org/clinics-programs/social-work/) I feel like W and I have done as much as we possibly can to keep him safe and yet it still isn’t working.

Tomorrow he undergoes a sedated MRI/EEG. We are hoping this is the first step into understanding what may possibly be going on with him and how we can start helping him.

No comments:

Post a Comment